“I will always give you hope. Here is why. We will get through this. I want you to know this. This Easter I just chilled at home. So, did you. Today I told a friend who was feeling low I told her this. We are in this moment. I know it is scary and depressing. BUT next year this will be a story. Maybe a topic of conversation on a first date. When this whole thing is over it will be “do you remember when” and we will get there. This too shall pass.”
― Johnny Corn
2020 has become a nightmare for everyone across the globe. Certainly, COVID-19 has attacked on people’s immune system, the system that is crucial for the person to live healthy by the fighting against any treacherous virus. Notwithstanding how powerful countries are, how powerful people are, corona virus has threatened everyone.
Locking down malls, theatres, markets, schools, colleges, companies’ etcetera was the only left option to the safety of people. Going nowhere, sitting all day long at home, as if you are house arrest can be stressful for many people. Every time, people are bombarded with the corona news on the T.V. and no one is stopping themselves from gossiping about it. Naturally, in such time people are getting stressed, anxious and depressed. But with this gloomy news we have the good news to keep ourselves from corona virus by following certain steps discussed by the government resource. But some people are very likely to take stress in such horrible time.
Since corona virus outbreak has impact on our body because of weak immune system, on the other hand stress play a role in making immune system weaker. So, stress could not arrest us, wecan do many things while weare sitting at home to reduce stress.
- The utmost prerequisite in this time is to follow the instructions given by W.H.O to keep ourselves sanitize by washing hands, sanitizing doorknobs etcetera.
- Unsurprisingly, news also putting us under stress because we start thinking what’s going to happen next. We can check on news to get the information about the happening things around us rather than putting ourselves under stress by thinking of what’s going to happen next, how bad things are happening, for how long it’s going to be like this?
- Stay connected: Today our busy lifestyle does not give us a moment to stay connected to our people. We know better when and why we couldn’t connect to our loved one. So, this is the time to get in touch with our loved one through video call or audio call. Connecting our loved ones will give us a positivity.
- We can engage ourselves in doing many things. We know what we couldn’t do in other days because of our demanding days and works. So, this is the time we can do our left jobs or the stuffs which we were not able to do due to lack of time. That can be anything which can make us engage for instance we can pick a book of our interest and can read it, we can cook something for ourselves or for our loved ones, watching something we are interested in or inspiring videos or documentaries or movies etcetera.
- The furthermost step we can follow to reduce our stress is meditation. Meditation is doubtlessly powerful in reducing stress has been exposed by several studies. Meditation will allow us to become aware of ourselves, environment and thoughts. The more we become aware of everything there is more chances of reducing stress because we are going to regulate our body and mind.
- Being optimistic: We should be expectant this situation is not forever affair. This is going to be end soon. Until we are going to use our time effectively and positively
- It is not the new thing that exercise keep our body active and keep our mind fresh and active.
- Remain calm: At last but not the least, we can keep ourselves far away from the stress by making ourselves calm. Before sleep we can do listen to the music of our choice or we can meditate for a while.
By doing this number of tasks we can put ourselves at the bay of stress. We should remember that everything, every situation has positive sides and negative sides as well. We should emphasis on the positive ones. We should drill ourselves to look at the positive and bigger picture of the situation that how we are going to utilize our time in this pandemic situation prolifically. Instead of thinking this is the doomsday, we can think is that we got the chance ofmaking ourselves resourceful to do something for ourselves, for loved ones.
Stay Safe, Stay Healthy